FAQ - General
#1 How do I participate in IDOs?
Read the full guide in our official documentation
- Step 1. Go to "IDO Staking" page
- Step 2. Connect your wallet
- Step 3. Stake enough $TPAD to get one of the levels. You can see the required amount to stake in the list of levels
- Step 4. Register for an IDO you want to participate in. When IDO registration period starts (usually 24h before the IDO start), you need to open the Pools page and click the "Register" button in an IDO pool card.
Example of a Registration button you need to click to participate in an IDO
#2 What are the steps of an IDO?
- 1. IDO registration opens 48 hours before the IDO sale start
- 2. Registration closes 4 hours before the sale start
- 3. Lottery levels winners and whitelist winners are picked. They can be seen on the pool page.
- 4. Base allocation is calculated. It depends on the number of participants and ensures that there are enough tokens for guaranteed allocation.
- 5. IDO sale starts, registered participants with guaranteed allocation, lottery and whitelist winners are allowed to fund their allocations in the pool.
- 6. FCFS round starts 20 minutes before the sale end
- 7. Once the sale is finished, we collect the allocations data. The token distribution and listing information can be found on the TrustPad Announcements Telegram channel or in project's socials.
#3 What is First Come First Serve (FCFS) sale? And who can participate in it?
If a pool is not sold out, FCFS round opens 20 minutes before the sale end.
First two rounds - 50% and 100% - are open only for previously registered participants. It includes lottery participants who didn't win.
Starting from the round 3 - 200% - all stakers with their level higher than "NONE", including non-registered, can participate.
All participants get an additional allocation on top of their level allocation: first +50% of base allocation, then +100%, then +200%. Non-registered participants get only the percent on top, without the base allocation.
Whitelist winners DO NOT get an additional allocation.Read more about the FCFS sale in our official documentation.
#4 Do I need to unstake/restake for each IDO?
No. You are eligible for any IDOs as long as your $TPAD remain staked. The amount staked will be matched to the current level system.
#5 Can I unstake after each IDO?
Once you stake your tokens, they are locked. The lock period depends on the specific pool you staked in: There are pools from 7 to 1095 days.
Pool "7 days" are re-locked every time you register for a sale.
You can still unstake early, but with a 40% fee.
#6 Do I have to stake my $TPAD for 14 days to qualify for IDO?
No, TrustPad does not implement a pre-IDO staking policy.
#7 I have staked X $TPAD and have Y level, yet the pool page shows 'You level NONE is too low to participate'. Why?
To participate in an IDO you need to register. Please refer to item #1.
#8 What is the difference between lottery, guaranteed and all-access guaranteed levels?
Lottery levels — only give you a chance to win in a lottery for each IDO. Once the registration period ends, you will be able to see if you're a winner on a pool page.
Guaranteed levels guarantee you the allocation calculated based on the base allocation and your level multiplier.
All-Access Guaranteed (AAG) levels provide guaranteed allocations also in the strategic, private and seed sales. AAG tier perks and rewards are only valid for the 180, 365, 730 and 1095 staking pools.
If you stake right amount $TPAD for AAG level but in non 180+ days pool you will get corresponding multiplier, but no access to strategic, private and seed sales.
To get the level BLACK and above you have to stake at least in the 60 days pool.
#9 I have registered for an upcoming IDO with a certain amount of $TPAD already staked.
If I purchase more $TPAD and stake them after registering, will my level be upgraded?
Upping your level won't immediately affect the sales you registered for. But you can re-register with a higher level if the registration period is still open.
#10 Do I have to register for each IDO?
Yes. This way we can ensure only stakers who want to participate are considered for base allocation calculation. This gives a better, bigger allocation for participants.
#11 For IDO registration purposes, is there any benefit to stake an amount slightly over the tier requirement? (e.g. 3002 $TPAD for CHANCE).
No, any amount between the predetermined number of $TPAD in the level system will be rounded down. So, 3000 to 5999 $TPAD will only qualify you for the CHANCE tier.
#12 When will I find out about my allocation?
Allocations will only be calculated and released shortly after the registration period end. The amount you will receive depends on the number of participants and the amount raised by the pool originator.
#13 How long do I have to fund my IDO allocation?
The time depends on pool originators, you can see the timeline for registration start/end, sale start/end and FCFS period start on the pool page.
#14 What can I fund my allocation with?
Most of the time it's BUSD. You can see the pair (for example "TPAD / BUSD") under the pool title.
#15 How do I find the token address for the project I just invested in?
Generally, the official address will be shared by the respective projects. Also, you can see it on the pool page (you might need to refresh the page), as soon as TrustPad team receives this information.